In September of 2017 I started a Facebook page where I planned to list all the live music in the Peoria area.
I figured if I was having a hard time finding it, other people probably were too. Here I am, five months later, and I'm in shock at all the things that have happened and where this is going. (There is so much I can't tell you yet... but we'll get there soon!)
As an entrepreneur, I'm used to hard work, long hours, the frustration of ideas that don't get off the ground when and where I want them to, last minute schedule changes, and fitting it all in around my family. Still, when it comes to Peoria Music Live, I am a walking example of the saying, “If you love what you do, you'll never work another day in your life.”
This weekend I saw ten bands/artists performing at seven different venues. All of the photos and video on this post came from this weekend... and it is a very small fraction of what I recorded. It was for “work,” but it was so much fun!
There are a few downsides to this awesome job too...
First, so many requests come in at the last minute that I miss some! They are almost always understanding, but I'm still a little frustrated when I see one that got buried in emails or notifications.
I also hate that there are so many shows I can't make it to see every weekend. Peoria is overflowing with talent. I am blown away again and again as I hear the different artists and bands we have here. While I can only fit so many venues in one night, I always regret missing a few!
Finally, by Sunday I am usually exhausted. I do get things done that need to be done, but I'm also likely to spend a lot of the day laying on my bed, editing videos to post to YouTube and Instagram and napping off and on. (Although, who doesn't love Sunday afternoon naps!?!)
I've told myself several times that I was going to cut back to just a few venues a night. It just hasn't happened yet! I always see “one more” band I want to drop in on, “one more” new venue or artist that was added to the list, “one more” venue full of friendly faces I'd like to see again!
I've finally accepted there are going to be places I can't go and shows I can't make. There is only one me!
So, I decided it is time to ask for a little help.
Starting today, I am accepting user submitted videos for Peoria Music Live. If there is something you think people should see, and I wasn't there to capture it... send it in and I'll consider sharing it with the public!
If you aren't sure what I am looking for, you can check out our YouTube and Instagram pages to see what types of videos have been posted so far. Please read the Terms of Submissions below.
Terms of Submissions:
- By submitting your work to PML you are granting us permission to download, edit, upload, and/or promote that submission however we choose.
- Original creator will be credited if submission is used, unless you ask us not to.
- Each file can be a maximum of 1 song or 8 minutes, whichever is greater. No more than 2 files per person, per day. (I have a daily file limit, so I will need to see how this goes and adjust accordingly.)
- Professionally shot, watermarked, and/or heavily edited submissions will not be used.
- With some minor exceptions where a recording of a private performance is appropriate, videos should be of live public performances in the Peoria area.
- Even while recording for the purpose of submitting to PML, you are not considered a representative of Peoria Music Live.
- PML reserves the right to add to or change these terms at any time.